The sales enablement market never gets boring (My spread sheet is at 218 line items) and mergers & acquisitions (M&A) activity is heating up:
After Sant and Kadient had already merged into Qvidian, Qvidian is now owned by Upland Software, Inc.
On Jul 6, 2011, Callidus Software Inc acquired iCentera (
on-demand sales enablement software to increase sales revenue through marketing, sales, and customer messaging vehicles). On Jan 29, 2018, CallidusCloud was acquired by SAP. Price $2.4B. Callidus itself had been “quite acquisitive, acquiring 14 companies dating back to 2010 including 4 in 2017 alone, according to data on Crunchbase.”
On Nov 30, 2017 we learned Bigtincan acquired Contondo. “Contondo’s data science team and core technology will be incorporated into the Bigtincan Hub Sales Enablement Automation Platform.”
I always love it when you reach out on twitter to help me update my Sales Enablement market lists (see all lists at the bottom of this post).
I’m looking forward to the Marketing Technology Landscape Supergraphic (2018) which should be released April 23, 2018 by Scott Brinker.
Until then I’ll check out the vendors mentioned in the top left corner of the CBinsights Sales Tech Market Map.
Investors have poured over $6B into these startups offering sales tech solutions across CRM, sales enablement, communication, analytics, and more. In 2016, deals and dollars invested into sales tech startups reached all-time highs of over $5B invested across 425 deals.
CBinsights defines sales tech to include companies developing tech-enabled solutions that directly serve sales teams or improve upon the sales process, as well as customer relationship management (CRM) platforms. They also include companies that improve upon customer experience, engagement, communication, and booking processes for companies across various industries.
Gartner Market Guide for Digital Content Management for Sales
The market for digital content management for sales (DCMS) is maturing rapidly, and becoming a heavily contested marketplace. With an ever expanding roster of potential vendors, how should IT, sales, and marketing teams evaluate solutions?
Gartner’s new Market Guide for Digital Content Management for Sales provides in-depth insight on content management solutions (CMS) for sales enablement teams.
- Digital content management for sales (DCMS) vendors have expanded the breadth and depth of their offerings in the past year, with many adding API-based platform capabilities.
- DCMS technology is broadly applicable to all B2B industries and sales use cases, as well as long-cycle B2C sales use cases.
- Content recommendations based on predictive analytics and artificial intelligence algorithms are a core capability for this market.
(Gartner [Market Guide for Digital Content Management for Sales], [Tad Travis, Todd Berkowitz, Guneet Bharaj, Melissa A. Hilbert], [Publication date 17 November 2017])
Denver, CO, Dec. 06, 2017 – Quark Software announced today it has acquired Docurated, the creators of enterprise sales enablement solutions.
Docurated’s inception was in 2012.
Quark will integrate Docurated with Quark’s content automation platform to enable sales teams to easily identify and deliver meaningful content to customer prospects.
My frequently updated lists tracking the market:
- spread sheet (further down on that link)
- Global list / companies worldwide
- European list / Europe based companies
- Canadian list / Canada based companies
- Australian list / Australia based companies
- Sales Enablement market deathwatch
- Sales Enablement tools powered by Machine Learning & AI Artificial intelligence