[…] seeking a smart, hardworking, & successful sales learning & development professional who is passionate about helping others succeed & building high-impact pre-sales enablement solutions for our Solutions Engineering (SE) Organization at Slack. As the Solutions Engineering Lead, Sales Enablement, you’ll partner with SE leadership, sales, sales operations, & marketing to define strategy, drive execution, & communicate business impact. Your ability to measure & action on data will be an essential part of your role. Slack has a diverse & supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, & work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking &, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
What you will be doing
- Collaborate with SE leadership to vet & drive the pre-sales enablement strategy.
- Partner with the SE Management team to uncover business needs, design solutions to address these needs, launch, and measure.
- Partner with key SE cross-functional partners (marketing, operations, product, sales management, AEs) & external vendors to execute against SE priorities & plans.
- Lead cross-functional efforts, when required, to optimally execute against defined plans.
- Design & develop solutions across a variety of mediums (e.g., in-person, virtual, eLearning, videos, on-the-job support, management reinforcement & mentorship tools) to improve upon the way SEs create & design solutions that map to our clients’ needs.
- Proactively balance the full training development life-cycle from inception to delivery
- Establish & create assessment & evaluation strategies to measure the efficacy and return on investment of training initiatives.
- Measure the impact of sales enablement solutions and iterate based on results.
What you should have
- 1-3+ years of experience driving sales training and broader sales enablement programs.
- 1-3+ years of enabling pre-sales solutions engineering experience developing technical & business value training.
Competencies for success
- Highly proficient at building strong, positive relationships with senior level partners.
- Excels in execution, establishing priorities & meeting swift deadlines at a fast pace, in a rapidly changing environment.
- Strategic thinker with the ability to execute.
- Passion for developing others.
- Proven success at running cross functional teams & partnering with external vendors.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and proactive.
- Experience using standard eLearning tools such as Articulate, Captivate,, Continu, etc.), web-based meeting tools (Zoom, Bluejeans, WebEx, etc. & Knowledge management tools to build sound learning programs is desired.
- Ability to travel (~15%)
Location San Francisco / New York Slack is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Slack is registered, you will not be eligible for employment. Visa sponsorship may not be available in certain remote locations. Visa sponsorship is not available for candidates living outside the country of this position. Slack is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Slack will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.