Director, Sales Enablement
Workato is the operating system for today’s fast-moving business, providing a cutting edge, low-code/no code platform that enables users to painlessly create automated workflows across applications and databases. Our platform is highly rated by both Forrester & Gartner in the Integration Platform as a Service (iPaaS) industry. We are trusted by over 7,000 of the world’s top brands such as Box, Grab, Slack, & more.
Why join us?
Named an “enterprise start up to bet your career on” by Business Insider, we are driven by innovation and looking for team players who want to actively build our company. We recognize that people can only thrive with great responsibility & ownership if they are equipped to strike a balance between productivity and care. Therefore, we offer all employees a vibrant and dynamic work environment, along with a host of attractive benefits that they can enjoy at work and beyond. Ultimately, Workato believes in fostering a flexible, trust-oriented culture that empowers everyone to take full ownership of their roles. If this sounds right up your alley, please submit an application.
Workato is looking for a Director, Sales Enablement from a top performing B2B software company to take our Commercial Sales teams to the next level. You’re proud of the results you’ve achieved, but you’re looking for a builder role in a smaller, hyper-growth startup. You’ll drive repeatable and scalable execution by drawing on your vast experience with sales methodologies, expansion, and complex sales.
You’ll be responsible for onboarding and ongoing Enablement programs for our global Commercial Account Executive teams. As a champion for personal development, you’ll challenge our AE’s to get 1% better every day through learning, role plays, application of new skills, and coaching. You’re the kind of leader who has insight into what’s really happening in the field, and can micro target interventions that move the metrics that most impact productivity.
You recognize that the true Way is through partnership with our AE Managers and enabling them to hire better, drive accountability, and excel as coaches. You are laser-focused on these team leaders, their strengths and opportunities, and how to best help them attain confidence and success. You’ll also help us keep our Sales culture of constant improvement & teamwork alive as we scale.
You’ll work with our more tenured Account Executives, to get them to the next level of skills & execution. Through your guidance, they’ll learn how to master complex sales, enable the champion to sell internally, and strategize to win large, competitive opportunities at must win accounts. You’ll crack the code on how to drive expansion business & create the repeatable expansion plays that enable Workato to scale.
You’ll be constantly seeking feedback & opportunities to get better, growing these programs into a world class experience with measurable outcomes. You are highly competitive, instilling a sense of fun and excitement into the learning process, and ensuring Workato’s and our customers’ success for the long term.
We are looking for a Director, Sales Enablement. In this role, you will be responsible for working with AE Managers, Sales Leadership, and Marketing teams to enable Workato’s Commercial AE teams on the following:
- Develop our AE Managers to be even more effective leaders, mentors, and coaches.
- Build best-in-class sales skills and behaviors, especially at mid & late stages in the customer buying journey.
- Know how to read a situation and run the best play (competitive, Proof of Value, enable the champion, when to go tactical or strategic).
- Drive Sales initiatives like Pipe Gen Mondays, Demo Days, and certification programs.
- Make learning easy and engaging, so that the right behaviors get adopted and become muscle memory
- Constantly improve the AE experience, as measured by feedback and outcomes for our more tenured AE’s
- Create programs to engage our highest performers in growing into what’s next in their careers (Enterprise Sales, Sales Management, … even Sales Enablement!)
- Work with the larger Enablement team on projects like Sales Kickoff, Go-to-Market All Hands calls, strategic initiatives, and training events.
- In collaboration with AE leadership, review AE calls and coach the team on how to constantly improve.
Qualifications / Experience / Skills
- 3-5 years of professional experience in a B2B Sales role as a top performer (AE, CSM, or Pre-sales)
- 5 years experience in an Enablement role, with measurable impact on AE ramp and revenue attainment
- Experience with several Sales methodologies and frameworks (MEDDPIC, Winning by Design, Sandler, BANT, Force Management, Challenger, etc.)
- Understanding of how to build programs and measure the effectiveness of Enablement.
- Can give detailed examples of programs you developed to drive specific outcomes
- History of effective mentoring and coaching for Sales
- Deep mastery of the Sales tool stack (Salesforce, Gong, ZoomInfo, Enablement LMS, etc.)
- Experience with scaling a high growth startup company strongly preferred
- Ability to help our AE’s master the complex sale, and make it easy for our champion to evangelize on our behalf, when we’re not in the room
- Program design and management, especially in the remote work environment, is a big plus