Here my follow up post to this post below.
I published a public spread sheet to show how I come up with the count of
149 153 Sales Enablement vendors and I will continue to update it.
- Definitions of Sales Enablement I subscribe to
- Questions to ask Sales Enablement vendors you shortlist
From the stats/analytics (search phrases) of this blog and emails/comments I receive, it’s obvious that many of us are trying to figure out the size of the Sales Enablement market.
Despite ‘Social for Sales’ still being on the ‘peak of inflated expectations’ on the Gartner Hype Cycle for Sales CRM 2014, ‘Sales Content Management’ already made it to the ‘slope of Enlightenment’.
Gartner clients can read the full report, Hype Cycle for Sales CRM, 2014.
That the interest in ‘Sales Enablement’ has been increasing is obvious when using Google Trends.
As of August 10, 2017, LinkedIn has 5,296 users with Sales Enablement in their current job title. I will look this up in a year from now to look for growth.
Given that at least 116 companies are trying to become profitable in this market, it’s helpful to look at how many people are actually searching / interested in Sales Enablement.
Here what the Google Adwords tools can tell us about how many people search related phrases
- in an average month
- across all languages
- Google and search partners
In the same Google tool (looking at ad groups) a comparison confirms that the Sales Enablement market is actually not as hot.
In case you were wondering where people with an interest in Sales Enablement live, here the views to my blog in 2014 by country:
In case you were wondering how people find my blog (referrers), here stats for the year 2015 so far:
Facebook ads let you target 42k people who match
- Australia, Canada, United Kingdom, Ireland, United States
- Knowledge management, Intranet portal, Enterprise content management, b2b marketing, sales engineer, Presales or Product marketing
- College grad, Some college, Associate degree, Master’s degree, Professional degree or Doctorate degree
- Business and financial operations, Administrative, Education and library, Management, Sales, IT and technical, Arts, entertainment, sports and media, Production, Architecture and Engineering, Healthcare and medical, Computer and mathematics or Construction and extraction
- 24 – 64
- English (All)
Here searches that referred people to this blog:
- channel enablement
- sales enablement marketplace data
- global channel enablement
- channel enablement definition
- channel sales enablement trends
- sales enablement graphic
- sales enablement market facts
- sales enablement platform
- channel sales enablement
- global sales development and enablement
- sales channel enablement
- training vs. enablement
- sales enablement market size
- sales enablement software competitive landscape
- sales portal usage metrics
- list of sales enablement providers
- what is field channel enablement?
- kpi for enablement
- sales enablement partner
- turn around a failed sales enablement program
- sales enablement market sizing
- b2b sales enablement in a nutshell
- what are the top ten sales enablement tools?
- what is a sales enablement app
- top 40 tools sales enablement
- what do sales people spend their time on
- channel readiness and enablement
- sales enablement vs sales training
- battle cards sales enablement
- what is another org name for sales enablement
- uncovering the hidden costs of sales support
- sales enablement market map
- channel enablement and marketing
The author: Paul Krajewski
PM / Product Manager / Product Management. German citizen. Permanent Resident in Canada. Masters of Media Management from Curtin University of Technology, Australia. Spent 2007-2009 at Nortel Networks in Toronto in Global Marketing looking after the implementation of the BizSphere Sales Enablement application for Nortel Networks’ 4,000 sales people world-wide. After working as Head of Training & Senior Sales Enablement Consultant at BizSphere, spent 18 months in Shanghai, China as the first Product Manager at MING Labs & Co-Founder / Product Manager of Shario (mobile app startup). Currently based in Sydney, Australia.