This position is based in Mountain View, CA.
The area: Enterprise
As the emerging leader in cloud computing, Google’s Enterprise division delivers cloud services and other IT products to small and large businesses, educational institutions and government agencies. Our team of high-achieving engineers, product managers, and sales and marketing professionals works with a vast array of partners and customers to advance the company’s mission to organize the world’s information to make it universally accessible and useful. The Enterprise team is among a handful of rapidly emerging new businesses that are becoming front-and-center for Google as it enters its second decade as a company.
The role: Enterprise Partner and Sales Enablement Director
The Enterprise Partner and Sales Enablement Director will have responsibility for the development, implementation and scaling of tools, technology, training necessary to support aggressive scaling of the Enterprise direct sales force and the sales forces of our Partners. You will be tasked with building out the content, delivery, evaluation and evergreening strategy for enablement functions covering sales process, product proficiency, information dissemination, vertical/industry toolkits and sales systems. You will lead the guidance on the proposition of advancing the function to become a revenue generating center within the global Enterprise ecosystem. The role will lead the internal and partner enablement strategy leveraging a direct and distributed dotted line team as well as centralized Google resources.
You will need to be adept at building productive cross-functional, cross- regional relationships to drive alignment and quick execution of critical programs. You will also need to have a track record of addressing future business scenarios and adapting enablement priorities at scale efficiently. General operations and systems expertise will be critical to your success in building a nimble, efficient organization.
- Thought-lead and build partner, channel and sales enablement function to address unique global enterprise requirements for support in the field – platform, tools, training and certification.
- Define, hire and manage key resources (internal, vendors, etc.) in the areas of content development, information infrastructure design, program management and delivery.
- Build enterprise-specific new hire readiness, product, vertical selling, competitive intelligence and sales process certification programs to be delivered to Global Channel partners and Enterprise sales rep organizations set to scale aggressively.
- Deliver reporting on program, channel and Google Enterprise sales force skill effectiveness and iterate programs to ensure increasing levels of sales capability and performance.
- Partner with Google Learning and Development team and subject matter experts, including marketing and product management, to integrate wider Google learning programs into the field sales enablement agenda.
- BA/BS degree preferred with strong academic background.
- Substantial work experience in sales, channel operations and enablement with global responsibility.
- Experience in field training, channel or partner readiness, enablement tool creation and collateral design.
- Successfully managed substantive sales operations budgets ensuring prudent return and efficiency of spend.
- An independent, self-motivated leader who has a track record of managing teams successfully and working at both highly tactical and strategic levels.