Old! Out dated!
Director, B2B Marketing, Sales Enablement
Location: Sunnyvale, US – Sunnyvale
Date Posted: 2009/12/18
Position: Director – B2B Marketing, Sales Enablement
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
Reports to: VP, B2B Marketing
Think about impacting 1 out of every 2 people online–in innovative and imaginative ways that are uniquely Yahoo!. We do just that each and every day, and you could too. After all, it’s big thinkers like you who will create the next generation of Internet experiences for consumers and advertisers across the globe. Now’s the time to show the world what you’ve got. Put your ideas to work for over half a billion people.
About the Business Group:
The B2B Marketing team is responsible for positioning and packaging all Yahoo! advertiser products, media solutions, product launches and Yahoo! Search for our sales, advertisers, publishers and reseller audiences. This includes messaging strategy, customer communications and sales materials and website management.
Responsibilities will include defining the strategy and leading the building and deploying of sales enablement programs and artifacts that empower Yahoo’s global sales force at scale to effectively solve customer’s advertising problems and help grow their businesses. This role will partner across B2B marketing, product marketing, communications, and other teams to understand customer needs, collaborate on the vision and story, and package and build outstanding enablement materials. This role will also work closely with the sales training organization to create and execute effective sales training programs and workshops.
Primary Areas of Responsibility:
• Work with Product Marketing and B2B Marketing vertical subject matter experts on understanding customer problems and core messaging for Yahoo! Solutions.
• Create the vision and story from core messaging into a scalable framework of sales artifacts that can be used in externally facing client-meetings and in sales training.
• Create artifacts such as sales presentations, whiteboard demos, video demos, sales guides, testimonials, case studies, research insights, and more.
• Partner with sales training to build effective training programs and workshops to empower the sales organization on working with sales artifacts.
• Plan and implement measurement system for sales enablement activities to quantify impact and success of materials and programs.
• Potentially manage and oversee the work of sales enablement professionals
• 8+ years in Marketing, Product Marketing, Communications, Sales/Marketing Operations
• BS, BA or equivalent experience required
• Very strong communication and writing skills
• Ability to lead and manage a team
• Track record of producing high quality documents on tight deadlines, and being passionate about training others.
• Ability to develop comprehensive strong analysis on market trends and dynamics
• Knowledge of standard sales processes
• Be a self-starter and a team player
• Ability to manage a variety of projects simultaneously
• Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize and meet aggressive deadlines
• Resourceful at getting information and able to succeed in a rapidly changing environment
Yahoo! Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.