Director, Sales Enablement and Product Marketing
Director, Sales Enablement and Product Marketing
Corporate Executive Board (NASDAQ: EXBD)
Location: Arlington, VA (Washington D.C. Metro Area)
Industries: Management Consulting
seeking a Director of Sales Enablement and Product Marketing.
The Director of Sales Enablement is responsible for enabling CEB’s sales teams to grow their businesses across all Practices, Programs, and geographies through the development of highly effective and impactful messaging, communications material, sales tools, and other collateral. The Director Sales Enablement works with Practice Product Marketing Managers, Corporate Marketing, Internal Communications, Creative Services Group, and external parties to create and deliver consumable, highly impactful field collateral and client presentations, and with Learning and Development for training in their use. The Director Sales Enablement owns the vision, message/story structuring and packaging, orchestration and delivery of sales enablement programs collaborating with many contributors as necessary. The Director Sales Enablement operates at both strategic and tactical levels designing and delivering materials, programs and knowledge transfer. A strong understanding and appreciation of the connection of the company’s sales process and value proposition as well as the ability to synthesize multiple inputs into effective solutions are key requirements. This position reports directly to the Chief Marketing Officer and will manage our Brand Project Manager as well as our External Brand and Integrated Communications Agencies.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop corporate positioning and messaging that differentiates CEB and conveys its value proposition.
- Conduct and manage client and market research on buying criteria, product preference, and perceptions.
- Conduct and manage research on message effectiveness.
- Evaluate competitive and alternative offerings to identify differentiators and to create a “value wedge” for CEB.
- Develop structure, systems, and standards for print and electronic media.
- Establish, maintain, reinforce, and enforce visual and verbal brand standards for all print and electronic media.
- Work with Practice Product Marketing team to solidify product core messages and guide the structuring and packaging of core messages into highly compelling client facing presentations and collateral.
- Work with Learning and Development to educate the sales team in the value proposition of our products and in the use of the sales tools and collateral that support the selling process.
- Create and produce “pitch decks” to address highly strategic sales situations.
- Develop and implement measurement methodology for the Sales Enablement capacity.
- Capture sales feedback on what works and doesn’t work, and uses that feedback to continuously improve the base of knowledge.
- Ensure projects are produced on time and within budget while meeting strict quality standards.
A successful candidate will possess:
- BA/BS or advanced degree in Marketing, Communications or Business.
- At least 8-10 years of relevant work experience in product marketing, sales communication or marketing communication. Strong marketing foundation.
- Sales experience a plus.
- Excellent strategic thinking and demonstrated mastery of development of marketing content.
- Solid cross functional collaboration, excellent project management and multi-tasking skills working in a fast-paced environment and project management skills. Experience in conducting/managing market research.
- Passion for enabling sales people to master their craft. Detail orientation and passion for continuously learning and understanding CEB products and how to best sell/position them in specific situations. Superior communication capabilities and exceptional writing ability. Able to quickly produce high quality, effective writing targeted at disparate audiences.
- Demonstrated success managing complex projects from start to finish, working effectively across internal functional teams and external vendor relationships.
- Highly process- and detail-oriented, demonstrated ability to manage projects and people cross-functionally.
The Corporate Executive Board Company drives faster, more effective decision-making among the world’s leading executives and business professionals. As the premier, network-based knowledge resource, it provides them with the authoritative and timely guidance needed to excel in their roles, take decisive action and improve company performance. Powered by a member network that spans over 50 countries and represents more than 80% of the world’s Fortune 500 companies, The Corporate Executive Board offers unique research insights along with an integrated suite of members-only tools and resources that enable the world’s most successful organizations to deliver superior business outcomes. Based in Arlington, Virginia, the Company employs more than 2,000 professionals in ten offices around the world.