I have blogged about web.alive, now “avayalive engage”, the immersive internet experience, a couple of times already.
Integrating streaming video, all kinds of documents like PDF, PPT, etc and a web browser – as in the screenshot below – this environment can be used for for web-based customer meetings, assisted eCommerce, online collaboration, eLearning and virtual conferences.
What stands out about web.alive is:
- It is easy to get started: Download the plug-in when you first visit a website with web.alive, grab a stereo-headset if possible and then start walking around with the A-W-D-S keys on your keyboard.
- It can be embedded into any website.
- It has 3D spatial audio. (That is proximity based audio, which lets you use your voice and makes using text chat the exception. Walking away from others lets their voice get softer and therefore allows for break-out sessions which conference calls don’t.)
- You always know who is speaking and won’t be in the situation not to know someone’s name.
- The host/admin can mute people with bad background noise.
- It is SPAM free.
- It has low hardware/graphics requirements.
Why not have your Sales 2.0-type webinars in web.alive?
[Disclosure: Until October 2009, I used to work for Nortel Networks; at the time the company behind web.alive]