CBS Interactive: Manager, Sales Marketing
Published: 11 June 2009
Location: New York City (Midtown)
About CBS Interactive:
CBS Interactive, a division of CBS Corporation, is the best online content network for information and entertainment. Its portfolio of leading brands, which include CNET, CBS.com, CBSSports.com, GameSpot, TV.com, BNET, and Last.fm span popular categories like technology, entertainment, sports, news, and business. With more than 150 million people visiting its properties each month, CBS Interactive is a top 10 web property globally.
The CBS Interactive Manager, Sales Marketing is part of a team of creative thinkers that develop and execute industry strategies, communications and marketing programs to position CBS Interactive and its brands as a strategic partner amongst it client base of leading advertisers and marketers.. Programs focus on supporting revenue development and include both internal and external communications, marketing programs and campaigns, events, sales collateral, sales pitches, and industry association management. Ideally, this candidate will have consumer experience in marketing or media, both consumer and b2b/tech experience is a plus. The position reports into the Director of Sales Marketing and is located in New York.
Manage consistent industry marketing communications and programs to support the goals of CBS Interactive’s sales, partnerships, and executive organizations.
Translate marketing strategies into clear, tangible marketing programs.
Participate in development of sales enablement tools including; core pitches, brand videos, collateral, customer newsletters, client/agency promotions, events, etc.
Participate in development of and manage marketing programs and campaigns. Includes development of marketing project plans which outline programs, business requirements, resource needs and responsibilities as well as development schedules, key milestones, deliverables and measurements for success.
Contribute to creative process to address business and marketing goals, and then draw upon the appropriate resources required to deliver them.
Manage, and in some cases develop, several key industry marketing tools such as the category research, media kit/sales collateral, case studies, special events, agency promotions, vendor communications and executive presentations.
Manage alliances with industry associations, research organizations and event producers that will support sales functions and increased revenue.
· 5 years of marketing experience, including industry marketing and sales or advertising agency experience
· Excellent written communication skills
· Strong project management skills
· Proven success in industry marketing, advertising, promotions and events
· Solid grasp of trends and industry topics as it relates to marketing and media; ability to grasp the implications of trends and translate into relevant positioning and programs
· Understanding of the principles of Marketing (including Research, Public Relations, Branding, Message Development, and Product Development) as well as sales and selling cycles
· Familiar with online media fundamentals (e.g. pricing models, packaging, inventory, targeting)
· Experience in establishing and maintaining effective relationships with customers, both internal and external
· Experience negotiating with and managing outside vendors
· Hands-on individual who is creative, flexible, proactive and thrives in fast paced environment
· Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, Adobe Suite, Power Point and web programming/HTML a plus
· Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent training and experience required
Percent Travel <25%
Brands Not Brand Specific
Expertise Marketing – Marketing Communication
Job Type Full Time
Location NY-New York
Preferred Language English