Job opening – Partner Enablement Manager, Symantec
Found on monster.com via Twitter on November 5, 2009:
Job Title: Partner Enablement Manager
Location: Heathrow, FL, USA
Status: Full Time Employee
Job Category: Sales/Retail/Business Development
Job ID / Reference Code: 586618
“Symantec is a global leader in providing security, storage and systems management solutions to help our customers – from consumers and small businesses to the largest global organizations – secure and manage their information-driven world against more risks at more points, more completely and efficiently. Our software and services protect completely, in ways that can be easily managed and with controls that can be enforced automatically – enabling confidence wherever information is used or stored.
Enterprise Marketings role is to shorten the sales cycle – plain and simple. We make it easier for employees, partners and customers to understand what products and services we have. Were responsible for much of what the customer sees and hears about Symantec. Join Symantec’s Enterprise Marketing organization, and be a part of the world’s security market share leader for consumer and enterprise software and services, protecting hundreds of millions of customers worldwide.
• Key objective is to nurture and grow Symantec partner sales and services capabilities, on a global basis, that will lead to increased SMB and enterprise partner sales of Symantec products and services.
• Conduct in-depth research from multiple sources regarding partner services and new opportunities.
• Develop written requirements leading to specific partner sales and services enablement programs, tools, training for Symantec channel partners that can be leveraged on a worldwide basis.
• Determine the deliverables required to address unique partner segments.
• Develop detailed plans regarding ultimate delivery of these partner enablement deliverables.
• Champion the efforts to develop required deliverables and garner support from other company groups.
• Lead and manage cross-functional team efforts, and produce deliverables on schedule and budget.
• Capable of developing solid plans to achieve objectives and then executing those plans independently.
• Ability to work with and lead multiple internal company groups simultaneously toward achieving objectives and completing deliverables on time.
• Ability to work well with and command respect from Symantec internal teams including services, sales, sales engineers, product management, product marketing, and channel marketing.
• Strong writing, project management and organizational skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills and proven presentation capability.
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with a proven track record of delivering results.
• Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering, computer science, or related discipline.
• 10 years working in an enterprise security and/or storage software product environment in channel sales engineering, program management, product management and/or product marketing disciplines.
• Strong working knowledge of Symantec’s security and storage products, services and solutions and their value to the sales channel and end-customers in all segments.
• Solid working knowledge of the many direct and indirect software product sales channels and deep experience working with multi-tier channel partners.
• Strong knowledge of server products to include the OS and application platforms and their markets.
• Understanding of the Microsoft and Unix sales and marketing channel ecosystems and routes to market to reach customers in the SMB and enterprise segments.
• Working knowledge of products and technologies from industry server vendors, storage hardware vendors, software vendors, and the value they provide to the channel and end user, individually and as solutions.
How To Apply
To be considered for a position, please submit your resume/CV on the Symantec Careers site. http://www.symantec.com/about/careers/search.jsp